Club Minutes – 15th December 2010
Kent Cricket Board – Shepway District
Minutes of the meeting held at Hythe CC on the 15th December 2010
Present: Frank Hobbs, Arthur Atkins, Geoff Cooke, Geoff Hambrook, Wallace Laker and Geoff Kirk
1. Apologies: John Godden
2. Minutes and Matters arising: The minutes were signed and there were no matters arising
3. Chairman’s report: 1.The Chairman set the date for the 2011 AGM and meetings for year ahead. The meetings will be on the second Wednesday of the month as follows:-
9th Feb 2011
13th April – AGM
2. The plan for the KCB to become a limited company was discussed. Geoff Hambrook will attend the next KCB Clubs Committee on 8th March when the decision will be made. The DCP will become a shareholder but it was decided that there was little point in calling a special meeting as most of this committee are members of the Development Group.
3. Geoff Hambrook attended the last KCB meeting and confirmed that there will be more pitch inspections next season.
4. Treasurer’s report:
1. Wallace reported that there was £3340 in the account in October. £600 has subsequently been paid in but there is a bill from the Harvey for £800. There are some issues to resolve over cancelled games but Wallace will sort them out before paying. If the Harvey want to charge for cancelled games we may need to increase the fees.
2. All clubs have now paid the 2010 subs according to central but we have not received our local element for 3 clubs.
3. Wallace confirmed that central will continue to collect the subs.
5. Indoor League: There are 17 teams in 2 divisions. Folkestone are top of Div 1 and look likely to go forward to the district finals although there is an issue over one player who will be ineligible. Barham have twice been unable to raise a team and Hythe once. All the Div 2 fixtures have gone ahead. One week was cancelled by the Harvey due to the weather. The league will now finish on 20th February 2011. Frank made some suggestions about how to reorganise the cup competition. We may need to call an emergency meeting on a Sunday afternoon to make a decision especially if more time is lost to the weather.
6. Youth Cricket: Coaching is going well but numbers are fluctuating with 59 attending the best week. Josh Bryan and Biff Sharrock are doing well. We have several players in the district squads but would like more. Wallace has attended an “Equity in Coaching” seminar.
• AA to release the web site in January 2011.
• AA to put up a poster inviting nominations for the “2010 Young Cricketer”.
8. Next meeting: 9th Feb – Hythe CC. 8pm start.