AGM Minutes – 16th March 2010
Kent Cricket Board – Shepway District
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held at Hythe on 16th March 2010
Present: Geoff Cooke, Wallace Laker, John Godden, Roger Mapstone, Paul Price, Daniel Stoneman, Arthur Atkins, Geoff Hambrook.
1. Apologies: Geoff Kirk, Frank Hobbs.
2. Minutes of the AGM 2009: Were signed as a correct record.
3. Matters arising: There were none.
4. Chairman’s report: Geoff Cooke handed out a written report.
5. Treasurer’s report:
It was agreed to keep the subscriptions for 2011 at £30.
Wallace gave a vote of thanks to Frank Hobbs.
Discussion took place and it was agreed that rules for players playing for sides in Div 1 and Div 2 would be reviewed.
7. Godden Cup: The 2009 final took place at Folkestone. Sibton Park beat Saltwood. It was agreed that for 2010 umpires must enforce the run up limit. The rules to be amended to include that the limit of the run up be marked with a line or disc.
The 2010 draw took place.
8. Youth Cricket: Wallace is impressed with the older players with 2 girls and 2 boys who are county standard. The younger players are still developing.
9. Young Cricketer for 2009: 5 young players were nominated. Olly Boughton, Josh Marden, Charlie White, Bif Sharrock and Jamie Doors. The decision was close. Jamie Doors was elelcted as the Young Player of the Year and it was decided to award £25 to Olly Boughton who was highly commended.
10. Election of Officers:
President – Geoff Kirk
Chairman – Geoff Cooke
Vice Chairman – Frank Hobbs
Treasurer – Wallace Laker
Secretary – Arthur Atkins
Clubs – John Godden-Folkestone, Martin Whybrow-Hythe Green, Geoff Hambrook-Sibton Park. Paul Price/ Daniel Stoneman – Etchinghill and Roger Mapstone – Hythe.
CWO – Bridgett Owen does all the CRBs for the district.
11. Any other business:
- There is a form for AA to fill in for KCB central.
- Saltwood are close to Clubmark but need to borrow a level 2 coach for the season. Nobby Clark was suggested.